Sunday 16 August 2009

oh yes...52 miles!


52 miles achieved today with bags to spare in the tank...

oh yes and weight loss again and bmi down.. in fact weight has dropped nearly five stone since starting!

what an amazing ride. Loved it was a tough one!

so, I even managed to ride out of the saddle up a hill (well ok part of a hill) and this was so cool... except choosing a wrong gear firstly caused my legs to spin round so quick I felt like I was shaking my booty!

some great climbs on this ride, all of which I completed. Some were very tough and I felt like I was walking backwards... but I completed every single way, slowly at times but completed!

suffered severe numbness in the toes after 3 hours of both feet, tried looseining shoes but that didnt work... may need to check this out further as it was painful.

the bike was cool, two water bottles makes a difference (ok I know that obvious).

I got a 'road bikers lesson in style' and was ceremoniously encouraged to tear my reflectors off the bike. I felt liberated almost free...

apparently if I put a bell on my road bike I am going over a bridge...

so... next steps...

over 75 miles this weekend, next weekend I am determined to achieve more.

so far there are four of us ready for the 100 miler and then lands end to john o groats

possibly five... if boston bike guru joins us... you know it makes sense bbg...do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment